23.8.06

dit is Amerika 2

deel 34 van Jenna's verhaal
De Ethiopische taxichauffeur zegt dat hij op maandag en dinsdag slaapt. Hij heeft een dochtertje.
Zie je haar dan nog wel?
Ja, ze gaat om negen uur naar bed.
Later dan jij? Dat is raar.
Het is een kind. She has no responsibility. She doesn’t know. Sometimes she takes me by the nose like that while I am asleep.
So you come home.. you eat..
No I ate already.
You come home... You talk to your wife..
No no. No talking. Sleep, lacht de taxichauffeur.
Why did you come to Amerika?
It was not safe for me in Ethiopia.
What did you do?
I didn’t do anything.
Why were you persecuted?
My father was in jail.
Why was your father in jail. What did he do?
He didn’t do anything. He was from the wrong tribe.
Was it difficult to come to Amerika?
Not at the time. I was being persecuted. So they let me in the country. It was better and now it is bad again.
Your father, he is in Amerika?
No he is much to old. You can't bring him here. This country is for young people. What can he do here? 
You want to stay in your own country with your own customs and traditions.
Is he still in jail?
No, they helped me here in Amerika to get him out of jail. That's good that they help you.
I have it better here than in Ethiopia.
You have to work two jobs.
Amerika is an working country. You have to work here. So were are you from?
Holland. The Netherlands. I wanted to see Bush, but he is in China.
What do you need Bush for? He better stay away.
Why?
What good has he done for the country. Name me one thing. He is panicking. He doesn’t know how to get out of the war.

lees verder...»

23 augustus 2006

Older Post Newer Post

Label Cloud

Search

© no picture please